Here’s a Peanut Brittle recipe that even and old Vietnam Veteran can make,
if you have a microwave oven.
You will need these ingredients:
1 Cup Raw Peanuts
1 Cup White Sugar
½ Cup White Corn Syrup
1 Dash Salt
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
Making the PEANUT BRITTLE
1. Stir together raw peanuts, white sugar, white corn syrup and salt in a 11/2 quart bowl.
2. Microwave 5 minutes.
3. Stir and microwave 3 more minutes.
4. Add butter and vanilla to syrup, blending well.
5. Microwave an additional 2-21/2 minutes. Peanuts will be lightly browned and syrup very hot.
6. Add baking soda and gently stir until light and foamy.
7. Pour onto lightly greased cookie sheet and spread out.
8. Let cool ½ to ¾ hour.
9. Break into pieces and eat.
You may have to adjust cooking times to accommodate the power of your
The trick to making thin, tender peanut brittle is to keep the baking sheet you use warm.
I recommend heating them in a conventional oven at around 200 degrees F before you spread the peanut brittle mix.